Recently I shared some of the things I love truly, madly, deeply, and hate with a passion. Here’s a few more:
Things I Love
- Old movies (As in before the 1960s, not the ‘80s.) People always ask what’s my favorite, but it’s impossible to narrow down to just one, so here’s a sampling: The Best Years of Our Lives, Casablanca, The Philadelphia Story, To Kill a Mockingbird, Meet Me in St. Louis, North by Northwest, Singin’ in the Rain, To Catch a Thief, Some Like it Hot, His Girl Friday, and The Quiet Man. And that’s barely the tip of the movie iceberg; I’ll be sharing lots more in Movielicious, along with favorite performances and trivia. (As the queen of Silver Screen Trivial Pursuit, I think that’s only right.)
- Game nights
- What’s not to love? The Eiffel Tower. Notre Dame. Nutella crepes. The Orangerie, Musee D’Orsay and its bouquets of Impressionists. Croissants and the world’s best hot chocolate. Cruising down the Seine in a bateau-mouche. The beautiful architecture. Patisseries and mille-feuilles. Sidewalk cafes.
- A good juicy steak (pink, not bloody)
- Sunday naps
Things I Hate
- Conflict (Maybe that’s why my chick-lit novels didn’t sell. That and the fact that I can’t tell a Prada from a Fendi.)
- Mean People
- Misspelled words
- The heat (Makes me go all Vivien Leigh in A Streetcar Named Desire)
How about you?